I have been writing from home a lot these days. The challenge I have is staying focused and concentrated for long hours.
My tips for staying concentrated at home.
- Remove distractions ( I like a clean desk before I work so I remove all the clutter that is on my desk and only have the things that I need to get my job done. I remove things like other notes that I don’t need, even my phone sometimes)
- Use a stay focus app ( I like to use Flora – it makes it so that you can be on your phone)
- Take short breaks! ( use the pomodoro technique where you work for 25 minutes then give yourself a 5 minute break, I used the Be focused app for this)
- Make to do lists! ( Even for small tasks like, “I wrote one sentence,” or “I add in one picture or graph to my writing,” those are all things that you did! It makes me feel accomplished)
- Celebrate your successes! You did it, you sat down and did some work today! (I like to celebrate the successes no matter how big or small. This always helps me work for longer hours.)
Those are my short few tips for now!
Hope they help.
What are your tips for staying concentrated and focused while working from home?