Things to do to relax and fall asleep:
Do you ever have trouble falling asleep after a long day?
Sometimes I can’t fall asleep because I’m going through the day over in my mind thinking what I should have done or what I need to do tomorrow.
Here’s a few things I try when I can’t fall asleep:
- Do some sleepy time yoga. ( I love following Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. The bedtime yoga video helps me relax)
- Read a book. ( I find reading a book rather than being on your phone helps because the light from your phone may trick your brain and circadian rhythm into thinking that it is day time)
- Try to stop looking at your electronics before bed. ( Or I use apps that adjust your phones brightness according to the time of day. I use the f.lux app.)
- Drink some warm tea or milk! ( I don’t know why this works. But I’ve tried it a few times and something about the warm drink makes me sleep better. Camomile tea with a tiny bit of honey is the best for me).
- Try meditation? ( Focusing on something else really helps you to relax. I was recommended these apps: Calm and Headspace. I have been trying out insight timer. Lynn (@createyourdailyflow on instagram) had made a mediation group! I really like all the guided meditations on there and the customizable meditation timers as well.)
- Write it down. ( Journaling helps before bed to go through what has happened during the day or help you write down what you are unhappy with. Or if journaling is not something that is in your routine, try writing down whatever is bothering you and there is always tomorrow to figure it out!)
Hope this helps!