So I have been gone from the blog for awhile. But, I have been active on my Instagram posting thesis writing tips! Check it out! I saving these tips on my “Writing” highlights on @life_of_learning
For today’s post, I will be talking a bit about interviews. I have an interview coming up soon! I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t nervous.
I got really great tips from chatting with fellow interviewees and others who have gone through the process and I’d thought that I would share and add some of my own.
Two days before the interview:
Try to remove as much stress as you can for the day of the interview by preparing beforehand.
- Make sure you have all your documents ready
- Map out your route to the interview and maybe test out the route? (Know how long it will take and when you need to leave to make sure you can get to your interview on time)
- Be sure that you have a way of getting to the interview (Public transit? Driving?)
- Re-read the interview instructions and documents you need to ensure that you have everything.
- Make sure that you have comfortable clothes and shoes for the interview. Try them on.
The day before the interview:
- Don’t talk about the interview. It’s like fight club do not talk about fight club.
- Have everything you need (clothes, wallet, documentation) ready to go and put out so that it is a quick grab and go for the day of the interview
- Puppy or Pet therapy? Browse through instagram feeds of puppies!!
- Take a warm bath.
- Make yourself a warm cup of non caffeinated tea.
- Pamper yourself. (Facemasks? Your favorite meal?)
- Read a book?
- Do some bedtime relaxing yoga?
- Try to stay away from screen time an hour before your bedtime to ensure that you are not too anxious before sleeping.
- Journaling? Sometimes writing your fears down can help. Or talk to someone about it.
- Get a good night’s rest.
- Imagine all the things you can do when the interview is over!! All the stress from the interview will be gone!
- Imagine yourself succeeding and getting that offer letter!
- Be kind to yourself!
- You have made it this far! You got this!!
Day of the interview:
- Relax. You have made it this far! You got this!!! Have fun with the interview. It is a chance for you to know them as much as it is for them to know you!!
- If someone told you that it’s only a matter of WHEN you will get in, not IF. Not this year, then next year!! You are able and fully capable of doing this!! Remember this sentiment. It will make you feel a whole lot better! Remember that it’s not IF you get in, it is WHEN!!!!! Go get them!! Have fun with it! Enjoy the day!