You have a meeting and need to wake up earlier than you normally do?
I have needed to wake up early in the morning when I just don’t want to get out of bed. And I find it hard to now wake up when it is still dark outside. The transition from summer to winter with the daylight savings is particularly challenging.
Here are some of the ways that I use to wake up early.
- Make the morning easier for yourself by setting out clothes that you will wear for the day the night before and pack your bag and lunch.
- Try a light alarm app. These apps help brighten your room in the morning to mimic the sunrise.
- Change up your alarm sounds. Once I get used to the alarm, I find that I am able to sleep right through it. By switching up the alarm sounds, your body doesn’t get habituated to the alarm and ignore it.
- Put your alarm far from your bed so that you have to physically get out of bed to turn off the alarm. This physical act of moving out of bed really helps me wake up.
- Have a morning routine. Be nice to yourself. And start slow.
Start off your day with brushing your teeth and relaxing a little bit. Drink some water. Slow down. I find that its the act of rushing in the morning deters me that from waking up.
Best of luck! I hope this helps you.